Hello from Luang Prabang, the former capital of Laos!
Since I last posted, we took an overnight bus from Kunming, China, to the China Laos border and then an all day bus from the border to a small town in northern Laos. It was only a few hundred kilometers, but it took several hours because of the mountains. We spent the night in Nang Khieuw (sp) where I had a lovely bungalow. Then we went to a nearby village only accessible by foot or boat. We rode the boat. It was lovely and we took a day trek through the area. Today we came back on the boat and then took a local bus to Luang Prabang. We'll be here for a few days before continuing south through Laos. I'm having a great time and the countryside is beautiful!! I'm taking ltos of pics I will upload when the connection is cheaper. However, traveling makes me think of everyone at home and how they are and what they would think of this new place and I miss you all!
Whale Songs in Kindergarten
9 years ago
2 comments:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Thanks for your trip updates. I'm glad you've been able to take a trip. When do you come back to the states? Early summer, right?
Dave will be pleased to hear you share his love of Laos.
Post a Comment