Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm off (sort of ...)

Well, I've left Arizona. Currently I'm visiting David and Jennifer, my brother and sister in law in Virginia. We've had Lebanese food (for the last time) and I've been going to museums. Soon I'll go to Baltimore for teacher training and I'll meet the other teachers who will be in China this year. On September 1st we'll fly to Beijing!
Everyone asks if I'm excited. I am, but I'm enjoying one day at a time right now. Last week I went to California for a "minibreak" as the English say, with my family, which was enjoyable. I also had my official birthday, though we celebrated earlier. The rest of the week was frantic packing, though sadly I still left boxes for mom to stack. I left more clothes than I'm taking, which feels odd. Everyone assures me I won't need many different outfits, so I'm being very restrained. Washington is a nice chance to visit with family before heading off.
I'll post when I can, though I don't know when the next time I'll have internet is. Thanks to everyone who's praying for me!

Amy

No comments: